If you take the time to purchase a quality meat grinder, there’s a good chance that you expect it to work for a long time. In the case of Hobart meat grinders, sometimes it’s easier to find a used one that still works well, instead of having to purchase something that is brand new.
Since they work great for many years, you’ll need to find a place to get Hobart meat grinder parts, instead of simply upgrading your machine.
Hobart Meat Grinders
Hobart is one of the most recognizable names in an industrial setting, even if you’ve never seen a Hobart meat grinder. You know the name Hobart, and that they make great products. They’ve been making products for many years, and their meat grinders are no exception. Most hold up well, have stainless steel parts and finishes, and are able to be used for high demands of meat.
How to Find Parts
When you find yourself looking for parts for your Hobart meat grinder, the first place you should look is on the internet. There are plenty of sites out there that are able to offer you certified products that will work with your grinder. To find out if a place is selling you the best possible items, all you need to do is scroll down to the bottom of the page to see if they have special certifications.
They should have special badges and bars at the bottom of the page that tell you that you’re protected when you purchase from them. It will also tell you what types of payment methods they accept. Some of the top websites will even let you read customer reviews or testimonials, so you’ll be able to determine if a certain website does good business, or if they’re dishonest.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, you can also refer to your user’s manual or search for the manufacturer’s website for a contact address or telephone number. They should be able to tell you where an authorized dealer is located for the products you’re looking for, or they can refer you to a website that has a wide range of items for purchase.
You can also ask people you know, especially if you know people that have other Hobart products. They may have had to replace something and know exactly where you can find replacement parts. This can save you some stress since you’ll know precisely where to look without having to go through a thorough search.
If you end up finding out that you can’t purchase applicable parts for your machine, you may have to consider replacing your meat grinder. If your previous model worked well for you in the past, there’s no reason to think that a new one won’t also be able to help you, especially if it’s from the same maker, which you know and trust.
What Parts are Available
Here are some of the parts that you may be looking for that are available. This isn’t a complete list, but it contains the items that you’re most likely to need.
- Chopper plates. These are the plates that are placed on the machine so that the meat can be ground to your desired consistency. They come in different sizes and with different hole diameters, depending on if you want a fine or coarse grind.
- Stuffing tubes. This is the part of the machine that enables you to make different types of sausages. They can be made of metal or plastic, and come in different shapes and sizes. Essentially, they are arms that you let the meat flow through and place a casing on the end, so you can make the type of sausage you want.
- Chopper attachments. This can be any of the interior parts of a grinder that need to be replaced. Anything from the arms, to the worms, and other types of attachments, such as the one to make meatballs and stuffed meatballs.
- Chopper knives. This makes up the main cutting action of the grinder. These flat blades look like the blades in a blender and are very sharp. They come in different sizes and shapes, so you can replace them if they get dull or wear out.
- Stompers. This is the part that feeds the meat through the tube. If you lose your stomper, you may want to get another one, so you’re sure that your fingers stay far away from danger. They come in wood, plastic, and metal, depending on your preference.
- Miscellaneous parts. Most other parts that will wear out on your grinder are considered miscellaneous. This includes washers, trays, and other major parts that are not able to be used anymore.
It’s important to keep your grinder clean and lubricated, so that you don’t have to replace many different parts. However, you need to know that you definitely have an opportunity to buy certain replacement parts, which helps to ensure that your grinder is in great working condition at all times.
You should also be sure to fill out your warranty cards, so you’re protected for as long as your product is guaranteed. Then you might be able to get your grinder replaced if it stops working within that time period. Some companies will also fix a product for you, if you can prove that human error or misuse didn’t cause it to stop working well.
Hobart is a trusted name in many different industries since they make a number of different products. One of these products is the meat grinder, and people love new versions as much as old ones. No matter which one you choose to buy, you can find replacement parts that will keep it working well for as long as you need it to, granted that you keep it looking good inside and out. That means you should be able to get your money’s worth when you purchase one, since it’s easy to get new replacement parts.